Home » » A Random, Life-Changing Assignment

A Random, Life-Changing Assignment

I'm really enjoying building this character.  I have a firm idea of where this is going, and I have to say, you're probably going to be a bit surprised at where this ends up.  Individual scenes and circumstances aren't going to be quite as original (it is still me writing, after all), but it'll be worth keeping up.

Let me know how this is being received.  Do you like where the story is going?  Do you like how I'm structuring the installments?  Would you prefer them to be longer (or shorter)?  Feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch for reading!

A Random, Life-Changing Assignment

How many people can pinpoint the day, the very moment that changed his life?  I'm guessing not that many.  I suppose that I'm different in that respect (among so many others).  Sometimes I wonder how I would've turned out, had Amy and I not been paired as lab partners.  Would she have made the first move anyway?  Maybe.  She'd had her eye on me for a while.  One thing I know for certain is that I wouldn't have ever even approached her, had it been left up to me.  It's not that I didn't want to -- I did.  Back then, I was just so shy, and my self-confidence was woefully lacking.  I couldn't imagine what I'd have to offer a girl like her.

But as it happened, fate intervened; we were paired as lab partners for an entire semester.  It was so random, the pairing, that it had to be fate.  I mean, the assignment wasn't alphabetical or where we were sitting.  It just sort of fell that way.

I was scared to death, at first.  Unsurprisingly, I had had very little experience with girls  Our communication during the first week or so was quite minimal; I wanted to talk to her.   I really did.  But all I could utter were single syllable answers to her sparse questions. 

After a while, though, she'd had enough.  Finally, she just started talking.  She asked me questions which demanded more than a simple yes or no.  She engaged me, and, over time, we became more comfortable with one another.  Or I became more at ease around her, at least.  I can't imagine she had a problem with shyness.

I remember the day she asked me out like it was yesterday.  I know what you're thinking.  What boy gets asked out by a girl?  Well, by now, you know me...or at least you have vague idea of who I was back then.  With that in mind, does it really surprise you?  Didn't think so.

Anyway, it was about a week after Valentine's Day, and we were in class.  She was talking about some movie she'd just seen (I'll admit, I wasn't really paying attention - I was still a bit distracted by, well, her).  At least, in that way, I was relatively normal.  And then she asked the question, "So, what are yoiu doing this weekend?"

To which, I responded, "I don't know.  Not much, I guess."  I wanted to lie, and say that I had some interesting plan.  But I've never been great at lying or thinking on my feet.

"If you're not busy, I mean, if you want, we could, I don't know, go to a movie or something," she said.  She was actually nervous.  What did that mean?  Did she like me?  Was it finally happening?

I tried to be cool.  "Yeah.  That could be fun."  She smiled, and my cool evaporated.

"Pick you up at seven?" she asked.

I managed to stammer, "Sounds good." 
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Support : Venus Net | Pagak City
Copyright © 2014. blonde teen babes - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Together Published by Venus Net
Proudly powered by Tube Girl